Cottages in Awsworth

editorial image

ROSE Cottage in Awsworth was built in 1904 and the little building to the left of it was built five years previous in 1899.

Although it all looks to be one building, they are in fact two separate cottages.

The cottages are at the bottom of Park Hill near the old Heads Bridge before it was pulled down.

The land deeds from 1890 show the little cottage on the left was built in 1899.