The train station was in New Eastwood.
Pictured is Edward Painter, the porter and signalman, in 1934.
Mr Painter joined the LNER at Pye Hill in September 1927 as a ‘lad porter’.
Behind the station was the Northern Terrace, or the ‘bull ring’, where houses were built to accommodate families who had moved from London when Wilkins Wire had been established at New Eastwood.
The company later became known as British Ropes, the Birnham products Ltd.
Eastwood and Langley Mill Station used to be on the roundabout in Derby Road,