This is a picture of Rev Hobson with his family at the bottom of the garden in the old vicarage, Awsworth.
Re Hobson was responsible for raising £4,713 for a new chancel and in 1958 a copy of the Ilkeston Advertiser and a copy of the Pioneer were buried underneath it.
The stone was laid by the Lord Bishop of Southwell, the Rev Barry.
The original church in Awsworth was built by Harry, 4ht Earl of Stamford in 1746.
The church was reputed to be built on the site of a tithe barn.
The building was described as a small, oblong, brick building.