Sent from Eastwood in 1942 this postcard, published by Johnson, shows Smarts General Stores.
It was situated at the corner of Dovecote Road, Hilltop. The area looks very different today.
The fields to the right, on Dovecote Road, are now built on, but the houses and chapel remain.
As they always did back in the day, the shop caries an impressive array of advertising signs and posters.
Other shops in Eastwood years ago included Clifford’s Motors in the early 1900s and Gregory’s Decorating Shop in the 1960s.