The Mission Rooms building in Awsworth was started in 1892 and completed in 1894 at a cost of £774, 17s, 1/2d.
On October 1 1892 the foundation stone for the new Sunday School and Mission Room was laid by Mr R Holden from Nuthall.
The building was completed in 1894.
The Mission Rooms were used for worship and the Sunday School was used for meetings and hired out to the community for parties and dances.
The Mission Rooms fell into disrepair and would have cost too much to repair so it was eventually pulled down in 1976.