Awsworth Railway Station opened on September 1 1880 and the stationmaster’s house was built in 1892.
This building is still in use as a house now, but it has been extended by a private buyer.
Trains ran from Derby Friar Gate to Skegness. The station closed down to goods traffic in June 1943 and to passengers in September 1964.
The stationmaster can be seen on the platform.