General Stores

editorial image

Sent from Eastwood in 1942, this postcard shows Smarts General Stores, situated at the corner of Dovecote Road and Hilltop.

The fields to the right, on Dovecote Road, are now all built on, but the houses and chapel remain.

As we can see in the photo, the shop has an impressive array of advertising signs.

The picture comes from the book Eastwood: On old picture postcards by David Ottewell.