Keep poisons locked away

On December 30, we had to have one of our cats put to sleep because of acute kidney failure caused through drinking anti-freeze.

It is always traumatic to lose a family member, and to have to tell a daughter that her baby is dying is the hardest thing that I have ever done.

So can I urge anyone who possesses any noxious substances to make sure they are securely stored and not accessible to any creature, be it a pet or wildlife, to avoid suffering by either the animal or it’s owner.

David Harrison

Bakewell