DCSIMG

Empire Cinema

editorial image

editorial image

The Empire Cinema in Nottingham Road, Eastwood, was opened in 1913 by F.G. Stubbs.

Beyond it we can be see the Wellington Inn with its distinctive facade, still remaining today.

This postcard dates back to 1924. The writing on the bottom reads ‘Nottingham Road Eastwood Rex Series 1902’.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page