Health experts in Greece will carry out a probe at a hotel where a Kimberley pensioner was staying before she died from Legionnaires' disease.
Grandmother-of-five Mavis Ward, 81, died of the fatal form of pneumonia days after returning from the Nautica Blue Hotel, in Rhodes.
The retired factory worker collapsed in the hotel on the morning she was due to fly home, on September 13. She recovered enough to make the return flight, but later that day she was taken to City Hospital in Nottingham and put on a ventilator.
Her family claims the water at the five-star hotel was always tepid rather than being hot or cold.
Mrs Ward's daughter Glenis Salt, of Langley Mill, was on the ten-day trip with her mother and six other people.
Mrs Salt, 62, of Upper Dunstead Road, said there was building work going on at the new hotel from when they arrived on September 2.
"Right from when we got there, there was no hot water," she said.
"We went to reception numerous times and were grumbling. My mum was not well in the last couple of days.
"I didn't get the doctor to her because I wanted to get her home.
"I was beating myself up about it but the hospital assured me it would be the same outcome.
"I have had the worst weeks of my life. Watching her on the ventilator and knowing she was not going to get any better was awful."
Legionnaires' disease is caused by legionella bacteria, which is inhaled in the form of small droplets suspended in the air.
Outbreaks are more likely at sites where the water temperature is maintained between 20C and 45C.
An inquest into Mrs Ward's death was opened and adjourned in Nottingham on Tuesday, September 29 for further reports and investigations.
Nottinghamshire Coroner Dr Nigel Chapman said he had informed the Health Protection Agency and the hotel in Rhodes would be inspected.
Mrs Salt said: "We need closure. I know nothing is going to bring mum back but if it can stop someone else suffering like this it would be worthwhile."
A spokeswoman for the Health Protection Agency said the European Working Group for Legionella Infections would contact the country concerned if the bug was thought to have been contracted abroad.