DCSIMG

J Chambers & Co - Millstead Works

Established in 1869 by James Chambers, the company was well known locally for their manufacture of remedies such as Camphonia, Lunlicure, Lungdoctor , Coolicure, Bromobark, Dr Priestley’s Compound, Eelctric Powers and Skin Doctor.

Part of Millstead Works later became an opticians and the whole property was bought by the Langley Mill and Aldercar Co-operative Society in 1962.

J Chambers and Co became a subsidiary of Haywoods, and eventually the ‘Chambers’ remedies stopped being produced.

This photo was taken from the book Around Old Eastwood.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page