The allotments on the left side of Derby Road in Eastwood were the remains of the old strip field method of farming, discontinued with the introduction of root crops and the three field farming system.
Ellersie House or Red House on the corner of Bailey Grove was reputed to have been a meeting place for Catholics.
Bailey Grove was known as Black Lane.
The tram in this photo is en route from Nottingham to Ripley.
A Century earlier, on June 10, 1817, the marches of the Pentrich Revolution made their way up Derby Road with the intention of reaching Nottingham.