DCSIMG

Security removed from solicitors

NILA 10-10-12 BE 9 Taking down the secure boarding from the old walter scott and ross solicitors building.

NILA 10-10-12 BE 9 Taking down the secure boarding from the old walter scott and ross solicitors building.

Concerned neighbours of the defunct solicitors Walter, Scott and Ross have contacted the Advertiser after security measures were removed this week.

A van and two work men turned up at the property on the corner of St Mary’s Street and Jackson Avenue to remove metal boards from the old office’s broken windows on Thursday.

One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: “While the building’s been secure there’s been next to no trouble.

“It will all start again now though, there’s nothing stopping people getting inside and squatting or starting a fire.

“People around here are worried what will happen, we thought things had finally started to get better and then this.”

Another nearby resident added: “Something needs to be done and soon.”

One of the workmen, from SecureSite, told the Advertiser that he had been sent to take down the boards because the firm’s contract had ceased.

He added: “It’s really dangerous.

“Anyone could get in there and I keep looking up at the roof, all of the tiles are on the brink of falling off.

“I’m not surprised residents are worried, I would be if I lived near it.”

When the Advertiser contacted Alastair Ross he said that he is no longer the building’s owner.

He added: “There is a possibility that the building will be taken over very shortly.

“I’m sure neighbours will report any problems.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page