Town’s old farmhouse

editorial image

IN 1753 Lamb Close House was a farmhouse bought by Sir Matthew Lamb.

The previous owners were the Sutton family.

Sir Matthew Lamb converted the farmhouse into a shooting lodge and later sold it to the Barber family who continued to make various additions.

This photo was taken from Eastwood: Old old picture postcards by David Ottewell.