The Grange was in Eastwood.
The property was approached along the Coach Road, a private road linking Eastwood Hall and Lamb Close.
The building and 800 acres of land were acquired by Barber Walker & Company on the sale of the Cowper estates in 1916.
It was the residence of the general managers of the company.
JCP Taylor recalls that ‘the ambulance corps were entertained to tea and tennis there’.
On December 12 1953, the Grange, the cottage, the garage and the outbuildings were all sold for £5,100.