Francis Edward Williamson was one of the first Eastwood boys to volunteer for service at the outbreak of the First World War.
He joined the Royal Navy Artillery in 1914.
He is pictured here in the garden at 4 Wellington Street in Eastwood.
The elderly couple are his grandparents John Martin,
a preacher at the local Baptist church, and Mary Martin, nee Purdy.