It may be the most depressing day of the year but there’s plenty of reasons to be cheerful in Nottinghamshire.
Whether you’re missing the fun of the festive period, alarmed at the state of your bank balance or just pining for some sunshine, here’s our guide to five things to lift your mood this Blue Monday.
1) There’s loads of nice places to get out and about in Nottinghamshire. From Sherwood Forest to Clumber Park, the county is filled with places to enjoy a picnic, a walk and some family time.
2) If you’re on a health kick, why not take advantage of free park runs, happening right across the county. These Saturday morning, 5k runs are free and open to all so as well as getting fitter, you’ll be able to enjoy some of Nottinghamshire’s best scenery. Find out more here.
3) Football fans can take advantage of a special offer to see Mansfield Town take on Luton Town this weekend. Saturday’s game will see kids admitted for a quid so why not enjoy a family day out at the One Call Stadium?
4) There’s a whole host of events to look forward to throughout the year in Nottinghamshire. From Clumber Park duathlon in March to the Bushcraft for Families event in Mansfield in April, there’s bound to be something to suit your needs and your budget. Find more inspiration here.
5) If you like to eat out, Nottinghamshire is filled with fantastic restaurants. From The Hostess restaurant in Mansfield to Sister’s Diner in Worksop, there’s a wide range of top-rated eateries in our county. Search Trip Advisor for more.
What do you love most about living in Nottinghamshire? Are there any events in the county you’re particularly looking forward to this year? Let us know by emailing email@example.com.