Fire crews attend cooker blaze in Langley Mill

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service have put out a fire at a building in Langley Mill.

Crews were called at 5.53pm yesterday (May 11) to reports of a smoke alarm sounding at premises in Orchard Street.

Orchard Street, Langley Mill.

Orchard Street, Langley Mill.

Firefighters believe the blaze was caused by a small fire in the cooker, and the fire was extinguished before the property was ventilated by crews.

A fire service spokesman said: "Heanor fire crews were called to a smoke alarm sounding at a premise on Orchard Street in Langley Mill.

"This was caused by a small fire in the cooker. Crews ventilated the property."