Riot payout scheme starts

Share this article

Residents whose homes and businesses were damaged during the recent riots in Nottinghamshire can now apply to Nottinghamshire Police Authority to be considered for compensation.

The authority has revealed full details of its procedures to help people claim for losses incurred through injury, destruction or stealing following last week’s rioting.

To qualify, the Police Authority must establish that the loss was caused as a result of a riot.

Claims must be made within 42 days of the incident.

More details and links to the claim form are available on the Nottinghamshire Police Authority’s website

Assistance is also available by calling 0845 641 4925.