Awsworth Church was originally built by Harry, 4th Earl of Stamford in 1746.
The church was reputed to be built on the site of the tithe barn.
The building was described as a small, oblong, brick building.
It was rebuilt with a brick a bell on the west tower at a later date.
The rebuild is thought to have taken placet in 1902/03 at a cost of £2,000 and was consecrated by the Bishop of Derby in 1904.
There was a walled in area at the back of the church.
A bell was on the west turret and there was no chancel on the east end of the building.