Trading Standards warning

The potentially deadly consequences of using cowboy gas engineers to install, service and repair boilers are being highlighted by local Trading Standards Officers.

Nottinghamshire County Council is using the first ever national Gas Safety Week mid September to remind householders to always use registered gas safe engineers.

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas.

You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.

People musy make sure only a gas safe registered engineer works on gas appliances, always check the engineer’s gas safe register ID card, and make sure gas appliances have a regular service and annual gas safety check.

To find a gas safe registered engineer in your area visit www.gassaferegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.